I picked up a $5 Iphone case the other day.  My last veneering project left me with some nice burl walnut cut offs, so I figured why not give it a shot.  Cut the veneer to approximate size and made a clamping block to distribute the pressure all the way to the edges.  The phone case was rubberized so I used gorilla glue figuring it would stick.  Covered the clamping block with clear tape so no glue would stick to it.  Clamped overnight.  Trimmed, sanded, and finished with a satin poly.  Worked pretty well and took less than an hour.  I may make a few as gifts.  The next ones should be faster.

Feedback

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s