Hemlock, bracing and ringshake

Found a use for the hemlock I cut up and dried.  Made all the soundboard bracing for my guitar(s).

I split and then cut a few pieces to dry.  They were about 7% moisture content.  So I cut them down to length and split off a new side for proper orientation.  Used the little splitting froe I made, which worked well.  Then rough cut them on the band saw.

I think a plane and chisel sharpening marathon is right around the corner…

Advertisements

Feedback

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s