Ok. I’m calling the french polish on number 2 done. I’m fairly happy with this. The grain and little rays on this redwood is really nice. Its come a long way from the old fence board. Shellac curing and oiling the fingerboard for a few days. I think once I put the bridge on and polish it up it will look good.
Number one is another story. I wasn’t happy with a few spots on the top and was trying to get them to look nice. Well… then i put a big scratch in the top with my fingernail. So… I sanded it down again! This may have been a blessing because I could correct the spots I didn’t like. I’m getting close to finishing my third attempt at that top. If all goes well, just another few sessions and I’ll be done. It is looking much better already.
I will put the bridge on number one before I try the second one, even though guitar number two briefly pulled ahead in progress. I can’t wait to be done with these. Excited to hear how they sound. Maybe more excited to start something else.