I guess I neglect to update every so often.
My first three steel string guitars, and my 3rd, 4th and 5th total, are finished. Took quite a while. I used micro mesh to polish out the lacquer after it cured. I’d say each guitar took about 8 full hours of wet sanding. Overall, there are some trouble spots, but I think they are OK.
I placed and masked off the bridge locations, then scraped off the lacquer down to bare wood. The bridges were glued with hot hide glue.
Then I drilled and tapered the bridge pin holes, fit the saddles and nuts and strung them up. My set ups can use some work, but I only have 5 under my belt after these three.
Here are some finished pics.
When I decided to build a guitar, I had no idea I would make more than one. I’m floored that I’ve made 5 this year! I think they all sound good. Of course I can see all the little flaws, but it gives me motivation to get better.
Not the best pic, but here are all five. I’m looking forward to improving my skills on a few more in the near future.