Made a prototype adjustable radius sanding block. Had to figure out how to radius these fretboards.
It worked well. Sanded the fretboards down to 120. I made a second block at the same time. A bit more low profile. I put 220 paper on there for use when everything is on the guitar.
I have the headstocks thinned down and the veneers on all three. They are all in semi different stages of preliminary carving. The heel is the only thing that really needs to be pretty close at this point, just so the neck can be fit once more before the fretboard is attached. Final carving won’t get done until the fingerboards are on.
I need to figure out what to do for the side markers. Once they’re done, a fretboard can go on at least one of the necks. The rest to follow shortly after.
I just couldn’t resist laying one of the fingerboards on as I was checking the neck fit. Seeing that makes me excited. Also makes me thing of how much sanding i need to do, which always seems to wait till absolutely last minute. It also makes me think about the damn finishing work!