My dad and I went to the local saw mill. This is what I picked up. More flamed maple, two boards. One big board of flamed ambrosia maple. One board of amazon mahogany, and a big chunk of basswood.
The maple I picked up last time was flat sawn, which I will use for laminated necks.
I love the local sawmill. Its so inexpensive. The ambrosia maple is about 1″ x 12″ x 8’ long. It has some nice figure, which is hard to photograph. I’m not sure how well I’ll be able to use it, but it was 14 bucks!
This time I was trying to find pieces of flamed maple that had some decent quartered grain in it for backs and sides. Both boards have a mix of grain. One thing I realized… new band saw blades are definitely needed! I think I’ll order a couple carbide tipped blades before I try to saw any more. That and I need a few good hours to really set up the band saw. Then I can go at it and resaw all my backs and sides. I somewhat successfully resawed a section of the smaller board. Despite the poor saw job, it looks like it will work.
I made the piece long enough for sides. Worst case, I’ll cut them down to side width. Took a pic with the template for my classical on top. Next guitars will be OO size, but the template is close enough for now, just to see how it would look.