Locust fingerboards and bridges. Before and after ammonia fuming session. Color is definitely a bit odd, but don’t fret, a coat of oil will make these a dark honey color. Should look interesting with the redwood and walnut. Fingerboard is … Continue reading →
Guitar stuff last week… I decided to use black locust for my fingerboard and bridge. Cut the rough blanks a month or two ago, yet again, from the old locust post and brought them to the shop to aclimate. I’ve … Continue reading →
Ok I lied. One more bench post before its finished. I planed and sanded everything and disassembled. Made a make shift tent to fume in. Wrapped it up tight and threw in three jars with 1/2” or so of 28% … Continue reading →
This should be my last post of my bench progress before its finished. I decided to make a chain drive vise on the end. Gathered some vintage pillow blocks that were laying around at work, along with some chain, sprockets, … Continue reading →
Bench progress. Top halves planed and glued together along with the face board. Need to mount the top onto the tenons, make vice face and mount it, drill holes for hold downs then finish. Played with fuming oak samples with ammonia. The 10% consumer stuff doesn’t work well. I’ll have some 28% industrial ammonia to try next week. Not that its needed, but fun to play with finishing techniques.