I guess I neglect to update every so often. My first three steel string guitars, and my 3rd, 4th and 5th total, are finished. Took quite a while. I used micro mesh to polish out the lacquer after it cured. … Continue reading →
I’ve been slowly shaping necks. Got the first one to where I think its a good shape. I have a hard time telling on neck shape as I’m not much of a guitar player… hell, I don’t even own a real steel string guitar.
Sanded both the body and the neck, crossed my fingers and glued it on. Overall I’m fairly happy.
There are a few things I’d like to improve as I progress. Of course, I noticed spots that needed more sanding as soon as I looked at it in a different light.
While the hot hide glue was heated up, I glued the fretboard on the third neck. The second guitar is pretty close to being ready for assembly too. Just a bit more sanding on both pieces.
I’m going to stain parts of both of the flamed maple guitars. Hope to start that soon. I have a few steps before I can seal with shellac. Then the frets, then the finish.